1.18.2014

JANUARY & GOOD READS

Happy 2014 everyone! Sorry for my lack of activity lately, but I promise it wasn't on purpose. Since I'm graduating from university this spring, the first two weeks of January were spent preparing and finalizing my applications to three postgraduate programs in journalism! On top of that, my course load for this semester is crazy and I have never been this swamped with school work so early into the term. However, I hope to continue writing and posting new content over the next few busy months! 

On a different note, over the holiday break I read two incredible books: John Green's young adult novel 'The Fault in Our Stars,' and Gillian Flynn's thriller 'Gone Girl'. The protagonists in 'The Fault in Our Stars' are so loveable, and this book made me laugh and cry on countless occasions. I didn't love the characters in 'Gone Girl' but since it has an addictive storyline, I couldn't put it down until I knew what happened next. 


I know I'm pretty late recommending these books considering they were published in early 2012, but even if one of you hasn't read them, then I did alright. Also, they are both being made into movies that are being released this year! Now, should you read these before seeing the movie?



1 comment:

  1. I haven't read them, so thank you for the recommendations!
    What career are you planning on pursuing after your studies? :)

    xoxox,
    Yessi

    ReplyDelete